I had a spare Mongolian sauce base, so I decided to jazz up some plain lean beef with all of the spare ingredients that I had. Out came a beef & vegetable stew with sauce. My apologies about the terrible quality of the photo, I had actually completely forgotten to take it until it was almost too late. Oopsie.
The real beauty of this particular recipe is that it doesn't actually matter if you're not that great at cooking meat, because it doesn't rely on your skills, but the skills of your equipment (i.e. your crock pot / hot pot / slow cooker). In any case, an easy and delicious one.
- Heart-smart lean beef, diced (up to 500g for two people in a small crockpot, adjust according to your crock pot size and the amount of serves required).
- Vegetables, any of your favourites*
I used broccoli, beans, zucchini and carrot
- Your favourite gravy, sauce or soup base (I used a Mongolian sauce, but it really can be any)
- Chop vegetables and beef.
- Throw everything into crock pot. If you're feeling super lazy and have heaps of sauce, you can mix this in too so that it takes to the meat and vegetables.
- Bake for 1.5-2 hours, stirring on occasion.
- Enjoy 🙂