What a simple, cost-effective seafood recipe. It was received very well by my dear audience. It was also very easy to make and contained healthy ingredients. There are many easy hotpot or crockpot recipes out there. For mine, I use a traditional ceramic crockpot which my grandma and mum gave me. I am very lucky.
If you're looking for healthy meal prep recipes, this one is a fantastic one. Whilst you can of course use fresh seafood, I used a frozen seafood marinara mix for this recipe for price (but also, because frozen marinara mix recipes can be quite valuable).
- 1 medium to large zucchini
- 1-2 spring onions
- 1 red (purple) onion
- 1 original (brown/white) onion
- bag of green beans
- frozen seafood mix
- garlic powder
- salt & pepper
- chilli flakes
- parsley flakes
- Preheat oven to 220 degrees celcius
- Chop vegetables
- Add spices, mix
- Add seafood mix on top
- Bake for 30 mins
- Remove from oven, mix and put back to oven for another 30 mins
- Cool and enjoy 🙂
- If you've opted for the frozen seafood, it is unlikely to over-cook because a good portion of the initial baking will be spent defrosting it. That is why I have advised to stick it in frozen. Further, it cooks perfectly in the end if you leave it frozen (in addition to being one less step). So stick to easy and don't bother defrosting the mix and it should turn out just fine.
- You can use whichever vegetables you like. I picked what was on special, and my partner picked some of the green vegetables. You don't have to put 3 types of onion if you don't want to. If you wish to make it a little bit tangier, you can add fresh garlic as well.