Turn any boring old frozen vegetables into something special, quick and winter-warming.
- Frozen veggies
- Your favourite cheese to melt in (optional)
- Your favourite stock (I use chicken, beef or veggie) cubes
- Pepper & any fresh herbs you have on hand
- Remove frozen veggies and throw into pan to defrost and lightly pan-fry on low heat
- Add some boiling water & your stock cubes once veggies have some browning on them
- Add pepper & paprika, allow to simmer for 10 mins. You can melt your cheese in, but cheese is optional
- Add more paprika and your herbs on top & serve.
Recipe Note: This goes really well with lean meats and is a great alternative to the boredom of plain steamed veggies. If you like cheese but are watching your figure, try a high protein and low fat cheese.