- Potatoes – the larger golden or pink ones are best
- Butter (for flavour) or margarine (for weight loss, if you’re into that)
- Cut potatoes in half and place onto tray
- Sprinkle salt onto each wet potato half
- Rub halves together
- Bake on 200 degrees for approximately 25 minutes (I use a strong fan-forced oven, so please adjust accordingly)
- Once the tops have risen and potato is still hot, cut a slither in the middle and place a little bit of butter into each potato half.
Recipe note: I remember eating this as a child and making these as a family. It’s amazing how some of the best potato recipes are just so simple.