Baked potatoes can be healthy, if you turn them into resistant starch. The below recipe is so simple, affordable and delicious, that any working professional (no matter how tired) or any busy mother can make it. A fun activity, putting the salt on with your kids can be great to keep those little hands busy.
- Potatoes - the larger golden or pink ones are best
- Butter (for flavour) or margarine (for weight loss, if you're into that)
- Cut potatoes in half and place onto tray
- Sprinkle salt onto each wet potato half
- Rub halves together
- Bake on 200 degrees for approximately 25 minutes (I use a strong fan-forced oven, so please adjust accordingly)
- Once the tops have risen and potato is still hot, cut a slither in the middle and place a little bit of butter into each potato half.
Recipe note: I remember eating this as a child and making these as a family. It's amazing how some of the best potato recipes are just so simple.
If you liked this recipe, subscribe for more deliciousness today.