This vegetable stir-fry with tofu recipe might seem slightly familiar, as it is a variant on my original honey & soy superfood stir-fry recipe. It is a similar recipe but has some slightly different ingredients in it. It turned out very nice, I hope you like it. It's amazingly versatile, making use of a diverse range of vegetables and it also contains protein so it can be a full main.
- Mushrooms, chopped
- Brown onion, one small
- Superfood stir-fry mix (cabbage, carrot, kale, etc).
- 1 small handful of mixed nuts, chopped (optional)
- Honey, 1-2 tbsp
- Soy sauce (I use salt-reduced)
- Tiny bit of butter to fry on, or whichever cooking oil you use (lactose-free alternative is fine)
- Sesame oil, 1 tsp or so for fragrance & flavour (optional)
- Pepper or chilli flakes (optional)
- Melt butter in frying pan.
- Fry onion, nearly browning it.
- Add vegetable mix and tofu to the pan, frying for 5-10 mins.
- Drizzle honey & soy for flavour, frying for 5-10 mins.
- Add sesame oil & fry for a further 2 mins or so, until it becomes more fragrant.
- Add pepper or chilli flakes.
- Garnish with nuts (optional).