Recipe Note: This recipe was given to me by one of my gorgeous colleagues in the bank. She made it for one of our international food days and I could not stop eating these things. It is so tasty, despite how little effort it made compared to what I thought it would be. A fantastic quick dessert, it can rescue you if you need to make something beautiful fast. You only need simple ingredients (and you don't even need to use coconut milk). This is definitely one that suits our requirements, and definitely what we are about at Help Me Cook.
- 300ml thick cream (liquidy variety)
- 600ml milk powder, dry
- 300 ml white sugar or less if you like
- Fine dessicated coconut
- Mix ingredients in a microwave-safe bowl.
- Place into microwave for 2 minutes.
- Take out and mix it again.
- Put into microwave for 4 minutes.
- After the 4 minute microwave run, let it sit in the microwave for 5 minutes.
- Mix well after the 5 minute cooldown and place into the microwave for another 2 minutes.
- After the mixture cools down, form it into balls.
- Roll balls in coconut while they're warm so that it sticks to the sides.
Note: coconut is not actually necessary, one of the best times I've had this recipe was without the coconut but it is also delicious with coconut. I want to make some more of these coconut milk balls soon.