This delicious chocolate banana brunch smoothie is such an easy recipe option if you're working from home and want to save some time. Not only is it delicious, it is made from wholesome ingredients and you can eat it with a yoghurt on the side if you wish to increase your protein intake for that meal.
Pro tip: If you are making two portions, simply double the ingredients.
- 1 banana (you can use very ripe bananas if you like for this, or frozen ones)
- 2-4 teaspoons of cocoa powder, depending on how strong a choc flavour you would like
- 10 unsalted pistachio nuts
- 3 tablespoons of rolled oats (raw)
- Skim milk, 1 cup (full fat if you are not trying to trim down or prefer it)
- 1 tablespoon of Psyllium husk
- Optional: 1 pinch of shredded coconut, no added sugar, for garnish
- Place all ingredients into the blender and blend until smooth.
- Garnish with shredded coconut if desired.
That's it! The chocolate banana brunch smoothie should be quite thick. Pour it into a glass and enjoy with a spoon. It's delicious, healthy and so simple to make. It almost feels as though you're eating dessert and like you're cheating on your diet, even if you're not.