Recipe credit: The lovely Amy F. suggested this yummy recipe on the Help Me Cook Facebook page and I had a go at it. The credit for it goes to her. Thanks for the support Amy.
- 2 onions
- 600-900g of zucchini
- 1 large potato
- 3.5 cups of water
- salt & pepper
- 1/3 cup of cream (optional)
- 2 sticks of celery
- 1 carrot
- 2 grams of butter
- 3 chicken stock cubes
- 2 tablespoons of chopped parsley (optional)
- Melt butter in a large saucepan
- Add chopped vegetables, cover & cook for approximately 10 minutes
- Add water & crumbled stock cubes.
- Add salt & pepper.
- Bring to the boil and simmer until vegetables are tender, add parsley
- Puree vegetables and then return to the stove, but not allow it to boil
- Add cream if desired before serving
The verdict: Although I’d previously never had zucchini soup, my partner who doesn’t even like soup actually loved it! I liked it too. It’s good with and without cream.