What a fantastic chicken recipe. This was made by my lovely partner, who tends to have this amazing natural ability. If he needs to cook after work, he throws things together and somehow, they always turn out great. This recipe is one of his gems. It is also a great source of protein and is also quite affordable where I am, where chicken breasts cost far more than thighs. I don't think that the picture truly does this recipe justice.
- Chicken thighs or breast, 0.5 kg
- Purple onion, sliced into 1/2 rings (1 small)
- Sweet chilli sauce (couple of table spoons)
- Salt, cracked pepper, rosemary & mixed spices to taste
- Marinate thighs with onion in sweet chilli sauce with cracked pepper, herbs, spices and salt for 30 minutes in the fridge
- Fry with minimal oil in non-stick pan.Pro tip: the onion will ensure that the sweet chilli does not burn.
When you start frying your awesome chicken, the fat on the thighs will start to melt so the pan will be quite liquidy. Continue to fry chicken and turn it with tongs until liquid evaporates and onions start to stick to the chicken. That'll indicate that it's ready.
- Serve on a bed of your favourite sides, such as vegetables and a small portion of brown rice as pictured above.
If you liked this recipe, please subscribe to get our latest and greatest delivered in your inbox.