Recipe note: I made this because my lovely partner was craving pork and I hadn’t cooked it for him for a while. You can actually use any meat you like for this, including fish.
- Lean cut of meat (pork in this case)
- Flour (plain)
- 2 onions, chopped
- Start frying up the onions in a large pan.
- Bash the meat so that it’s tenderised. Perhaps think of someone you dislike for efficiency and fun (joking).
- Dip both sides of the meat in a thin layer of flour and drop into the pan. Salt and pepper the side that is not currently being fried.
- When you flip the meat to fry the other side, ensure you don’t forget to salt and pepper the other side of it.
- Ensure meat is cooked through and onions are caramelised.
Pro Tip: If you’re finding the meat is not tender enough, add some boiling water and cover until it’s very soft. Be careful not to add too much hot water as this is not intended to be a soup recipe.