Like all hearty soups, the cooking time itself can drag on for the flavours to really infuse with one another. This divine vegetable soup recipe cleverly bypasses many of the preparation requirements, thus lowering the overall cooking time. As with many of our recipes, you can customise it to your taste.
Preparation is the easiest thing in the world for this particular recipe. It's great for everyone who wants to make a pot of vegetable soup to last a good few days. From the busy professional to the budget-conscious mother, to new cooks - I recommend this recipe to you all because it's so simple to prepare.
Many of the ingredients in this vegetable soup are incredibly affordable, such as the frozen vegetables, beans and canned vegetables. I'm sure that you appreciate convenience and minimal preparation as much as I do. Given this is the case, please go ahead and give this delicious recipe a try. I truly recommend it and cannot speak highly enough of it. Please find the ingredients and method below.
- Mixed vegetables, frozen, 1/2 bag
- Beans, frozen, 1/4 bag
- Champignons, canned, 1
- Diced tomatoes, canned, 1
- Sesame seeds
- Sesame oil
- Spring onion, spare if you have any on hand
- Onion, chopped roughly into small pieces
- Garlic, finely chopped, 1 whole garlic, all cloves
- Beef stock cubes
- On butter, fry onion until it is brown.
- Add 1/2 garlic and fry for a little bit more
- Add spring onion to the mix
- Add frozen vegetables & beans
- Add champignons
- Add herbs & sesame seeds
- Add canned tomatoes & simmer for 5-10 mins
- Add tiny bit of sesame oil & simmer for another 2-3 mins
- Add 2nd half of garlic
- Add stock to fill up the pot and turn down the heat. Slow-cook for 1-2 hours, adding more stock as soup evaporates.
Note: if you enjoyed this recipe, please remember to subscribe for new recipes to be sent to you.