Recipe note: Like all hearty soups, the cooking time itself can take a while for the flavours to really infuse with one another. Preparation is the easiest thing in the world for this particular recipe. It’s great for everyone who wants to make a pot of soup to last a good few days. From the busy professional to the budget-conscious mother, to new cooks – I recommend this recipe to you all because it’s so simple to prepare.
- Mixed vegetables, frozen, 1/2 bag
- Beans, frozen, 1/4 bag
- Champignons, canned, 1
- Diced tomatoes, canned, 1
- Sesame seeds
- Sesame oil
- Spring onion, spare if you have any on hand
- Onion, chopped roughly into small pieces
- Garlic, finely chopped, 1 whole garlic, all cloves
- Beef stock cubes
- On butter, fry onion until it is brown.
- Add 1/2 garlic and fry for a little bit more
- Add spring onion to the mix
- Add frozen vegetables & beans
- Add champignons
- Add herbs & sesame seeds
- Add canned tomatoes & simmer for 5-10 mins
- Add tiny bit of sesame oil & simmer for another 2-3 mins
- Add 2nd half of garlic
- Add stock to fill up the pot and turn down the heat. Slow-cook for 1-2 hours, adding more stock as soup evaporates.