This is a neat little honey & soy superfood stir-fry that I cook up once in a while after work, when I am in a rush to make a nice vegetable dish as part of my dinner. Although I don't quite believe in superfoods due to the recent debates, I do use this particular stir fry mix when it's on sale. It's super versatile and I love to make it with whatever's on hand. You can do the same thing, it's a very easy dish for any cook.
- Superfood stir-fry mix (cabbage, carrot, kale, etc).
- 1 brown onion
- 1 small handful of mixed nuts, chopped (Optional)
- Honey, 1-2 tbsp
- Soy sauce (I use salt-reduced)
- Tiny bit of butter to fry on, or whichever cooking oil you use (lactose-free alternative is fine)
- Sesame oil, 1 tsp or so for fragrance & flavour
- Pepper or chilli flakes (optional)
- Melt butter in frying pan.
- Fry onion, nearly browning it.
- Add vegetable mix to the pan, frying for 5-10 mins.
- Drizzle honey & soy for flavour, frying for 5-10 mins.
- Add sesame oil & fry for a further 2 mins or so, until it becomes more fragrant.
- Add pepper or chilli flakes.
- Garnish with nuts.
Note: I didn't salt this because soy sauce is already quite salty. The first time I made this, I forgot that little fact and added salt. Lucky that my soy sauce is salt-reduced, or it could have been disastrous. If you liked this recipe, don't forget to subscribe to receive our subsequent recipes in your mailbox.