Healthy Dietitian Recipe: Turkey/Beef Salsa Stuffed Sweet Potato
Recipe Note: An amazing dietician by the name of Jo Reis created this glorious recipe. She is a true gem and you’ll also see that she’s a fantastic culinary artist. I gave this recipe my best shot but not sure that I did it justice. It is a wonderful, healthy dietitian recipe.
- Small sweet potatoes
- 150g of ground turkey or lean beef
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 onion
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- Salsa mix (chopped roma tomatoes / canned 100% tomatoes, beans, onion, capsicum, corn, garlic, salt pepper)
- low fat cheese
- spring onions
- mixed leafy greens
- balsamic vinegar
- Pre-heat oven to 200C (400F)
- Place sweet potatoes in the oven for about 1 hour and 15 minutes (or poke with a fork and cook in the microwave for 4-5 minutes – but be careful, it can explode in the microwave and get messy)
- On a fry-pan, cook your chosen meat with a clove of garlic, 1 onion + 1 tsp. olive oil
- Mix the meat with the salsa mix described in the Ingredients above
- Cut open the sweet potato and fill it in with the meat and salsa mix
- Add the tiny bit of Low Fat Cheese and bake for another 5 minutes
- Garnish with coriander/parsley and spring onions
- Serve with mixed leafy greens and drizzle balsamic vinegar (if you like it).
Pro Tip: The amazing Jo also provided the macros for this recipe. It’s 257kcal, 29g carbs, 7g fat and 17g protein.
If you liked this recipe, please subscribe today.