Healthy broccoli: little trees & eggs
Like some of the other amazingly awesome recipes in this blog, this one was invented by my hugely talented grandmother who cooks up a storm for my parents everyday. I think it’s incredibly simple and tasty. The best thing is that it’s cheap, versatile and healthy. It’s also a way to make broccoli taste delicious. Broccoli is a gorgeous baby tree of a vegetable that I love. Below, it is pictured sitting under a bed of prawns, brown rice and with a side salad. The below recipe is so fast to make, it’s perfect as a side with any main.
- Little trees (cauliflower, broccoli or both – depending on your availability and taste)
- 4-5 eggs per 500g
- Salt & pepper
- Boil your little trees until they’re no longer raw but not complete mush
- Beat your eggs as if you’re making an omelette, add salt & pepper to taste
- Dip little trees into egg mix and fry in non-stick pan until egg cooks.
- Enjoy with anything you like. We had this recipe with garlic prawns, salad and a small portion of rice.