This easy healthy baked fish recipe has cherry tomatoes, broccoli and cauliflower florets. Super healthy and easy, it's perfect time and time again. The ingredients are also quite affordable, as you can often buy fish like basa on special or cheaply even without a special. Vegetables are one of the less expensive ingredients where I live, hopefully that's true for you too. Check it out and subscribe today if you like it.
- White fish such as basa, thawed or frozen (frozen will take longer to cook)
- Grape tomatoes, halved, 3-4 per fish
- Broccoli & cauliflower florets, chopped into little trees
- Kewpie mayo (or other sauce that you like but mayo works well)
- Onion powder
- Chopped Italian herbs
- 1/2 a lemon
- Place fish into your baking tray on foil
- Squeeze lemon onto fish
- To taste, add herbs, onion powder and paprika
- Place grape tomatoes on top
- Cover with foil and bake for 30 mins or so on 180 degrees until fish is not transparent and is cooked through but not overcooked
- While fish is baking, steam your broccoli and cauliflower florets
- Do a very thin line of your mayo or other chosen favourite sauce on the fish, serve up the steamed veggies and enjoy.
Note: if you're a regular reader, you'll notice that I actually bothered to steam vegetables (not just buy frozen ones for steaming). Admittedly, I had never done that before and although broccoli doesn't smell fantastic whilst steaming - it was marvellous compared to plain frozen steamed veggies. Definitely worth the few extra minutes.
If you would like to become a regular reader, subscribe today for more delicious recipes.