This recipe is something I use to make customisable chicken kiev at home. By making chicken kiev at home, I can take advantage of bulk chicken thighs on sale. Not only is this recipe often quite cheap to make, it's also considerably lighter than the pre-made alternative (raking in at about 450-500 calories per kiev) on average. Furthermore, you can make this recipe lactose-free if you have someone who is unable to consume this chicken kiev at home recipe due to its butter content. You can substitute the butter for Nutellex or whichever lactose-free butter alternative you use.
- Chicken thighs
- Butter or lactose-free butter alternative, out of the fridge to soften
- Finely chopped garlic, 3-4 cloves (more or less depending on your love of garlic)
- Herbs (chives, parsley)
- Salt & Pepper
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees (fan-forced).
- Mix the softened butter, garlic, herbs, salt and pepper to make the garlic butter mix.
- Roll chicken thighs in breadcrumbs.
- Place garlic butter into the inside of chicken thighs, rolling them into shape as you go.
- Bake for 40 mins to 1 hour, depending on the strength of your oven, ensuring that the chicken is fully cooked through.
This dish is really easy in terms of prep and you can store these chicken kievs and eat them a few days later once baked. Great for Sunday meal prep if that's what you're into or for a bulk meal if you have guests. If you liked this recipe, subscribe today.