Recipe Note: my lovely grandmother and mother both love using the hotpot, or crockpot, depending on what you call it. When I moved out, they made damn sure that I have one because it means you can cook deliciously healthy foods with minimal effort. You can make crockpot / hotpot recipes very easily after work and they can last for some time.
My hot pot is made of clay and you can make so many nice foods with it. The smell of something bubbling away in the oven, even if it is plain vegetables, is just addictive and delicious. I hope that you enjoy this recipe and share it with your friends.
- Spare vegetables, cut into chunks (e.g. zucchini, onion, carrots, potatoes, anything on hand - this can actually come from a mixed vegetable bag if you're feeling really lazy but best if they are not frozen)
- Herbs - dried will do fine, Italian herb mix works well
- Salt & Pepper
- Layer vegetables onto each other into hotpot, seasoning every layer as you go.
- Place hotpot into oven for about 180 degrees celcius for one hour or so.
- Walk away and do something else. Come back and check to see if vegetables are ready. If your hardest vegetables are soft to poke, they're ready.
Note: You'll want to have a taste and perhaps a mix to see if you need to adjust your seasoning a little bit. However this is a very healthy and delicious recipe. Keep potatoes out to keep it dinner-friendly for those who eat few carbs at night. Subscribe today for more healthy & delicious recipes that are easy to cook, even after work.