This delicious recipe was contributed by none other than my love, Mark. He surprised me with it for breakfast and it was so tasty. Needless to say, I’m keeping him.
- Little sausages – whichever ones you like (can be pork, beef, vegetable, chicken)
- Bread roll
- Red onions
- Mayo (we used Kewpie)
- Take bread rolls and cut in half
- Slice onions and fry them up
- Cut sausage skin down the middle. Using the flat of the knife, spread the mince to equal thickness (try to turn it into an oval pattie. Then fry them mince-side down first & then the sausage skin will start coming off. You can take it off if you like. (That’s the butterfly part of this recipe)
- Fry eggs sunny-side up (or another way if you like but that’s what we did)
- Using avocado as if it’s butter, spread it onto the inside of the bread roll
- Place fried sausages along the roll
- Top with onion
- Put the eggs on top of the onion and top with a savoury mayo (not a sweet one).
Thank you Mark for making this epically divine breakfast – it was truly awesome.